Absolutely Dry understands the importance of dealing with mold issues as quickly as possible. Furthermore, the quicker we can respond to a situation, the better chance we have to prevent more growth and contain what has already accumulated, especially in the event of water damage.
Every situation of mold is different and we can provide the appropriate solution for your unique exposure. When dealing with a mold problem it is very important to work with an experienced company that can set guidelines and protocols to help ensure the proper removal and disposal of affected areas.
Mold / Sewage Backups
Mold and sewage backups contaminate indoor environments and create unhealthy and possibly dangerous conditions and degrade building materials. We follow The Clean Trust approved S520 standards to safely contain, remove and replace the affected building structures to ensure the building is returned to the pre-loss condition. Our foremost concern is with the containment of the area and the safety of the technicians and the building occupants.
Containment and Removal
Successful microbial remediation is partly about containment and removal. With mold, the work area needs to be contained so microbial contamination cannot be spread elsewhere. High efficiency air scrubbers are used to capture mold spores from the air while the structure is being cleaned and repaired. This helps reduce the chance of cross contamination and secondary damage.
5 Principals of Mold Remediation
The IICRC outlines five major principles of mold remediation.
- Make sure safety and health precautions are taken by cleanup professionals and occupants. Mold-contaminated buildings can be associated with a number of health problems. Anyone involved in the mold remediation process must be protected from exposure through a combination of practices and controls.
Mold Prevention Tips
- Fix leaky plumbing and leaks in the building envelope as soon as possible.
- Watch for condensation and wet spots. Fix source(s) of moisture problem(s) as soon as possible.
- Prevent moisture due to condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in air (humidity). To increase surface temperature, insulate or increase air circulation. To reduce the moisture level in air, repair leaks, increase…
Why Use An IICRC Certified Technician
Professional restoration technicians understand the need for quick response. Immediate remediation is key to controlling any escalating costs. The longer the remediation is delayed, the higher the cost of restoration. Certified restorers have the knowledge to test materials and apply the restoration techniques required to return the items to their pre-loss condition. Look for the IICRC logo to verify IICRC certification.
Types of Mold
- Allergenic: Molds that can cause symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, and runny nose.
- Pathogenic: Molds that can cause suppressed immune systems.
- Toxic: Molds that can cause serious health effects in almost anyone.
Call Us Today!
While small amounts of mold are common in everyday life, elevated levels of mold inside your home may be a cause for concern. Call Absolutely Dry today at (219) 465-9339 or 866-324-9300 and let us inspect the mold damaged areas in your home or office and assess how we can help you get your property back to the way it was before the damage occurred.
Header Image Attribution: By Tasturm (Own work) [CC BY 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons